The above quote is what you will find when you head to the homepage of Puck and Abby, an online store that specializes in providing stylish, quality and, most importantly, handmade goods. When you go to the 'About' page you are greeted with the message "its about slow living. simplifying. buy less but better. quality over quantity.". These are all sentiments that I not only stand for, but if you're a frequent visitor to my site then you know they are sentiments that I try to show through all of my content that I share. If you follow along with me, then this is also probably not the first time you've heard about Puck and Abby. I have been sharing things from the site for the past few months, so I thought that it was time to do a feature on what has become my go-to stop for jewelry and other handmade items. Keep scrolling to learn more!
One of the most recent pieces I got from Puck and Abby are these gorgeous studs! One of the best things about the site is that it is a curated collection of all handmade goods. So, you know when you're ordering from it that what you're getting will be something that a lot of other people don't have. Since it is a curated collection of goods, there are also often amazing stories and people that are behind the pieces you are purchasing. One example of this is the brand Porcelain and Stone (the earrings featured in this post).
The owner of Puck and Abby, Robin Cellucci, is the driving force behind the online store. She is responsible for everything you see once you visit the site. Along with this, she also does a great job of sharing the stories behind the pieces that she is offering. As mentioned, she shared the story behind the brand Porcelain and Stone.
You can click here to see the entire post, or you can read some of the highlights below:
- The artist and maker behind the brand, Kimberly Huestis (pictured above) creates her porcelain jewelry out of Somerville, MA. Working with a background in architecture, she draws inspiration from coastal life when designing her pieces, often having them reflect a sense of being connected to land and water.
- Kimberly has done a lot of work in rock carving, sculpting, and 3D design that prepared her to be able to work with her hands and craft the beautiful pieces that make up her collections.
- She was ahead of the times while also dabbling in the past! In 2012, when she rebranded Porcelain and Stone, there weren't other jewelers working with porcelain. She set out on a mission to create something in a new way that people had not seen before. She wanted people to reimagine porcelain and ceramics, a centuries old medium. This was what her brand was reborn as! A way for people to see porcelain used in a new and dynamic way.
- She has even designed for Anthropologie! Last year she worked with the brand to design hardware knobs that were sold in the store.
- For the future, Kimberly only sees expanding upon the brand more, which is great for all of you who are sure to fall in love with her pieces as I did!
So, if you have fallen in love with the Puck and Abby earrings you see here, then be sure to check out the online store at Puck and Abby. Not only will you be adding pieces to your wardrobe that are stylish, of good quality, and handmade, you will also be supporting local retailers and designers. In a time where retailers like Amazon, for example, seem to have a monopoly on the market, it is even more important to support those talented people who are working to make a name for themselves as well. This is one of the main missions of Puck and Abby!
In addition to bringing the "shop local" mentality to an online retailer, Puck and Abby also offers complimentary shipping and returns on all orders. Speaking from experience, I can vouch for the fact that most of those orders will ship to you within 24 hours of being ordered. And just in case you need another reason to be love them, you can also shop the online store for 25% off with my code SIXFEETINHEELS!
I could keep going on and on about the reasons why you should take my advice on Puck and Abby....however, it might just be best to let the goods do the rest of the persuading. Keep scrolling for more :)
Click the image below to shop Porcelain and Stone's Heritage Stud directly!
Check out what else Puck & Abby has to offer!
If you couldn't tell by what I wrote earlier, I have a serious crush on Puck and Abby! I knew from the first time I saw the website that it was something different, and that I wanted pretty much everything that I saw. I wanted to share more of my love for this awesome website by rounding up all of the pieces that I have collected to date. You can shop each piece directly by clicking on any of the photos below. Also, don't forget that you can get 25% off by using my complimentary code SIXFEETINHEELS!!
Unless otherwise noted, all content created by Mackenzie Lee of Six Feet In Heels. All photography by Emily Luongo.